Instagram has fast become one of the most popular media platforms online and should not be overlooked the next time you are reviewing your Internet marketing strategy.
With over 130 million users, and the recent addition of video, Instagram can be a fun, reliable way to advertise and promote engagement for your company.
Instagram is a photo sharing and social network platform that, when done right, is proving to yield positive results for businesses: increasing engagement from consumers and expanding brand visibility, with 67% of top brands are now using Instagram.
To get started you will need to download the Instagram app on an iOS device, such as your iPhone or iPad, or in Google Play. Register your brand, and choose an account name that is the same as your Twitter handle of your business if you can.
Use the following tips and tricks to get your business out to your customers:
- Use the hashtag! Your company can search for words and terms relevant to your business to see what any of the 130 million active monthly Instagram users are saying about your products and services. You can also search for a term, find photos and videos, and leave (non-spammy) comments to connect with your potential followers. Once you’ve searched and listened to conversations by way of your target market’s hashtags, you can now create conversations hashtags and to inspire your own followers.
- Find and follow fellow Instagram users that are compatible to your brand as well as those that are discussing and sharing photos relevant to your business. You can broaden your sphere of connectivity with your existing business Facebook and Twitter followers by searching for them on Instagram and following them there as well.
- As a brand you cannot get away with the same grainy, oversaturated images of the everyday Instagram user. Make sure your company is sharing high quality photos and video that will stand out from the crowd and fire up followers.
- As long as your content is public, anyone can embed your Instagram photos and videos into blogs, websites and articles. This is another great way to get exposure for your brand and means you can integrate and add your Instagram media to the stories you want to tell on other online platforms. To add an your Instagram image to content, all you need to do is open it on your desktop web browser and click the “share” button on the right side of your photo (just under the comments button). Then copy the block of code it gives you and paste it into your blog, or website. Hit publish and voila! All of your embedded Instagram media will appear with your username and link back to your Instagram.
- Utilise a free online tool such as the Instagram Analytics report to see what how effectively your business is engaging on Instagram, which photos people are responding to and performance trends. It will also tell you if this channel is a viable marketing tool for your company.
- Before you get started be sure to visit the Instagram for Business blog to see how other brands are using Instragram, and for tips from the Instagram HQ. And check out this great blog of 6 businesses that understand Instagram and make it fun and interesting.
You can follow the Dubzz Digital team on Instagram by clicking here! Happy instagramming.