Video is everywhere, it’s entertaining, it’s visual, and the marketing opportunities are endless.
We live in a time where picture and video have a greater influence on us as a society than ever before.
The power of video marketing is growing more rapidly than any other marketing medium in the online environment. We know the efforts are worth it, and you should too.
Here are some staggering stats you should know about the digital video revolution and why your business needs to get on board:
- With over 4 billion views per day, YouTube is the second largest search engine, behind Google. (iMedia)
- People are watching an average of 14.8 hours of online video a week.
- 78% of people watch at least once a week and 55% watch everyday. (iMedia)
- 81% of senior marketing executives now use online video content in their marketing programmes, up from 70% in 2011 (MarketingProfs)
- Video results have appeared in almost 70% of the top 100 search listings on Google in 2012 (Marketing Week)
- More than 500 years of YouTube videos are watched everyday on Facebook (iMedia)
- Over 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute (iMedia)
- Shoppers who viewed video were 174% more likely to purchase than viewers who did not (Retail Touchpoints)
- Online video now accounts for 50% of all mobile traffic and up to 69% of traffic on certain networks (Bytemobile Mobile Analytics Report)
- Websites with images and video get 94% more total views. (ReelSEO)
There is no doubt video marketing, done right, is worth the investment. Your customers are looking to the Internet to find answers, and when they search for a product or service, video can allow your company to explain your product or brand quicker. This provides your customer with the message sooner, leading to faster sales. Video provides a “hands-on approach on what is actually happening in our process and answers many questions that consumers have…” says Jeff Cohn, president of Boro Energy in Brooklyn, New York.
Internet video marketing is an ideal solution for any business, big or small, who want to stand apart from their competition, driving lead generation and sales in a cost-effective, measurable way.
[youtube width=”500″ height=”304″ video_id=”nO1QVjAuqe0″]