A strong NewZealand.com presence is a must for every tourism business.
Are you making the most of the Tourism New Zealand website to promote your business?
NewZealand.com is the official online presence representing the New Zealand tourism industry. It is one of the most visited sites in the country attracting over a million visits every month, and you can advertise your business on their site for FREE!
“In the 12 months to May 2014 there were over 18.4million visits by international consumers and the site generated over 2.6million referrals to industry.”
NewZealand.com is the key call to action for Tourism New Zealand’s marketing activity and features information that is relevant to travellers who are thinking about and actively planning a visit to New Zealand. Through this site, visitors are able to learn about what New Zealand has to offer – including your products and services.
The following types of businesses can appear on NewZealand.com:
- Activities & tours
- Online booking services
- Travel agents and airlines
- Visitor information services
To make the most of NewZealand.com all you need to do is follow these 3 easy steps.
1: Register your business
Anyone can create a business listing, as long as your business falls within one of these categories:
- New Zealand based operator
- Visitor information service
- Travel seller
Once you have registered, make it as easy as possible for people to find out more about you and your business by:
- Ensuring all your contact details are correct
- Adding a link to your website
- Adding your online booking channel (if applicable)
- Link all your social media channels (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Skype)
- Adding a map location
- Branding your listing with your logos.
2. Create a business listing
A business listing on NewZealand.com will tell consumers where you are, and what you do.
Thousands of people are visiting this website every day, searching through all the potential businesses and comparing you to your competitors.
Ensure that you give yourself the best possible chance to capture web traffic, enquiries and bookings by making sure your listing is accurate, compelling and complete.
- Add high resolution engaging images.
- Add a high quality promotional video.
- Display your current TripAdvisor rating and most recent reviews
- Add your Qualmark ratings, and awards
3. Create Articles and Offer Deals
Now that you have created your business listing, help it get found by adding Articles and travel deals. Articles and travel deals are the best way to create opportunities to enhance your reputation on the New Zealand.com website and create traffic referrals and conversion opportunities.
All content including business listings, articles and deals are monitored and approved by New Zealand.com before they are uploaded live on the site. So be sure that your information is informative and accurate as all content can be disapproved if it does not meet their guidelines or is seen as inappropriate.
- Creating targeted links to your website within the articles is a great way to help increase your Google Ranking.
- Add translated versions of your business listing. Tourism New Zealand is the port of call for all international visitors collecting information before they visit New Zealand. So it would makes sense to offer information they can understand. Currently you can add specific translated listings for Chinese, Japanese and Korean visitors.
- Find out more about how to write good articles for the TNZ website.
- For a video tutorial on how to update your listing click here
- Follow this link to find more information about NewZealand.com.
- Follow this link for in-depth step by step guideline to add your business to the TNZ website.
If you would like further advice or help adding your tourism business to the NewZealand.com website please get in touch with the Dubzz team, we would be more than happy to help you out.